There are a number of reasons that you may be experiencing trouble connecting to Kartridge to download games, join a chat room or access a game that has streamed content.
- Latency due to low bandwidth
- No or limited Internet connection
- VPN-related trouble
- Clock synchronization
- Service Outage
- Unsupported configuration
Always try these troubleshooting steps before submitting a ticket to support.
- If you are having issues connecting, check to make sure your internet connection is functioning. The best test for this is to go to a browser and try to connect to Kongregate.com directly. You can also test your connection by visiting http://www.speedtest.net/. We recommend a minimum download speed of 8mbps & an upload speed of 1-2 mbps
- If possible, make sure to complete any and all software updates that are required for your operating system and Kartridge.
- Are you using a VPN? Depending on the type of VPN, you might need to reconfigure the settings or turn off the VPN for a short amount of time.
- Check that you don’t have a firewall, proxy, ad-blocker, or browser add-on interfering with chat loading or connecting. Make sure that ports 5222 and 5229 are allowing traffic on your network.
- Do you have the correct time and date on your computer? Security certificates and some server connections require clock synchronization. Make sure your Time/Date settings are set to automatic and reload the Kartridge application.
- Update any malware or adware detection software you might be using.
- Consider your configuration: If your computer is connecting through an improvised server setup or a nontraditional configuration, some connections may not work at the desired speed.
Additional things to consider: Are you connecting from a home, work, or school computer? Some networks are restricted, or require admin permission to access. You may need to try connecting from another computer in the same area to help narrow it down to a local problem, or a network problem.
If you continue to have issues with your connection, contact our support team by sending an email to email@example.com.