The security of your account is very important to us. However, our Conduct Guidelines state that your account security is your responsibility. We may not be able to provide support for accounts that have been hacked, stolen, or lost. Compromised accounts may be temporarily restricted during account recovery, or permanently removed.
To maintain the security of your account, follow these helpful tips:
- NEVER share your account information with anyone. Kongregate employees will never ask for your password.
- NEVER use simple passwords that follow patterns or use common phrases, such as "123456" or "password1"
- Avoid keylogging software or other malicious programs such as adware, malware, or phishing sites. We recommend regular scans of your computer using a preferred adware or malware removal software.
- Keep your account information updated. Be sure to regularly update any stored verification info, such as new a email address or location.
- Make sure that you log out of your account if you are using a shared computer.
If your account is compromised, please contact Kartridge support, who investigate each case further. You can contact support by emailing email@example.com.