At the bottom of your Game Information page in Kartridge, you'll see the Game Promotional Assets section, containing a text box for a Game Description and a video upload for the Game Promo Video. Kartridge's storefront is built to leverage video assets in a few different ways. Most notably, games chosen for the front page get a large amount of real estate to show off!
We also use video assets in the Find-o-Tron, meaning that games chosen as a Top Pick or Employee Favorite draw upon these assets.
The Game Promo Video will be used for the all front page features and the Find-O-Tron, while the Game Description will be used only in the large spot on the front page and the Find-O-Tron. To ensure that your game is ready for these positions in Kartridge, make sure to follow these guidelines!
Your Game Description should explain the concept of your game to draw people in. You only have 240 characters to work with, so keep it brief! For example, you can create a shorter version of the description you put on your game's page or you could quickly describe your game with an X-Statement.
The Game Promo Video must be an MP4 file at 720p with a maximum file size of 40mb.
NOTE: For best results, provide a video that is between 10 and 20 seconds in duration.
Here are some best practices for choosing a promotional video:
- The Kartridge front page is a visual elevator pitch. Start your video with an eye-catching first frame that includes color and motion, ideally one that captures your game in a still image as much as possible.
- For best results, the video should include different scenes of gameplay. You can include cinematics as well, but try to keep these to less than 25% of the video duration.
- Avoid including a lot of text or dialogue, including awards that your game has received! You are welcome to include text and awards on your game's store page.
- The front page and Find-O-Tron will show the game's title, tags, required OS, price and rating at the bottom of the video, so if you must include text and dialogue, avoid having it at the bottom of the video, or it will make the other displayed information hard to read. You should also generally avoid displaying the title of the game in the video.
- Videos will be played without sound, so there is no need to include any in the video.
If you run into any problems during the upload process, let us know!
Article is closed for comments.